Monday, September 29, 2014

Stitch Fix #4

My 4th Stitch Fix arrived today! It was happily waiting for me at my door when I got home from work.  I opened the box to peek inside as soon as I got home and found these pretties.  I just have to say that my designer, Megan, does an amazing job picking things out for me! I just love seeing what she comes up with!
 
 
Item #1: RD Style Maureen Twisted Seam Elbow Patch Sweater $64
My first impression: My high school math teacher wore elbow patches... didn't know they were 'in' again. :)  Anyways, this sweater is cotton/acrylic blend with suede elbow patches.  It has an open weave but is definitely warm enough for a cool fall day.  In this picture, I layered it with a tank underneath.  It is slightly longer in the back than the front.  It would pair very nicely with a dress pant or a jean.
My decision: Keep

 

Item #2: Papermoon Talulah Plaid Print Henley Top $44
My first impression: I like the color of this plaid shirt.  It is unlike the other plaid shirts in my closet.  It has a three-quarter sleeve that can be buttoned up to a half sleeve.  It is a sheer polyester, so I could play with neutral, pink or blue for an undershirt.  This could work for spring, summer or fall weather if worn as is.  When paired with the cobalt blazer from an earlier fix, I could also be worn throughout the winter.  The fit is nice, the cut is nice.
My decision:  Keep


Item #3: Kut From The Kloth Kate Distressed Boyfriend Jean $78
My first impression: This was actually the first item that I pulled out of the box and put on!  They have been pictured in the last two photos.  While I normally do not purchase a distressed jean since I wear jeans to the office about half of the time, I love the fit of these jeans!  They are so comfortable that I can see them being a favorite after working-hours jean for me.  I like them with the plaid shirt above for a dressed down look.
My decision: Keep


Item #4: Street Level Parvin Reversible Hang Tag Detail Tote $64
My first impression: This is something that I hate to shop for!  I don't enjoy picking out totes or purses.  So when I first pulled it out of the box, I thought oh boy.... it's nice and I didn't have to go shopping for it!  This tote is actually quite perfect for me.  As a mother, I am always carrying things for my kids.  As a college student, I end up carrying my planner and notebooks back and forth with me to work so I can study over my lunch hour.  This tote is spacious enough that it really is very functional.  The insert can come out completely, so if I carry it to tote my schoolwork, I can pull out the liner if I decide to dine out with coworkers.
My decision:  Keep


Item #5: Mystree Cris Pintuck Detail Knit Top
My first impression: This is a super soft knit top in a beautiful color!  My style card suggested that I pair it with a pair of leggings, so I put this on with my Kut From The Kloth Knit Pants from a previous fix.  I think this would look great with a pair of my boots, dressy sandals, or my ballet flats.  The arms are fitted enough that if I get chilled on a super cold winter day, I can pull one of my cardigans that I keep at the office on as well.  And I love the color!
My decision: Keep



All in all this fix was an absolute success!  Here's how my decision played out: my favorite piece was the sweater.  My next favorite was the tote.  I really liked the plaid top.  Then I tried on the tunic and loved the color and fit on me.  It fit in perfectly with my existing wardrobe.  I was unsure about the jean just because it was distressed, but if I kept all five items, then I would end up only paying $6 for the jean since I would be getting 25% off of the entire fix.  So I decided that I would keep the jean and just choose to wear them on evenings and weekends.  The five items cost me a total of $216.00.

Use my referral code for your own stitch fix: http://www.stitchfix.com/referral/3615965

No comments:

Post a Comment